Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Card Camp 2 - Day 2: One of a Kind Dad

Hello again!

  

It's time for my Online Card Classes - Summer Card Camp 2 Day 2 assignment.  One of the techniques was to stamp a multi word sentiment in several colors using a masking technique.  I couldn't find a sentiment in my stash I wanted to use so, I went with my own take on this idea. I used my Silhouette Cameo to die cut the words of my sentiment in different fonts on coordinating patterned paper. Also, this card has many elements that are not part of my typical cards.

1. It's for a man - my dad :)
2. Is actually gender neutral
3. Uses lots of patterns together
4. Has 4 different fonts

The video is kinda funny.  I have edited parts to go fast, added some music over the fastest part, got some mic help from my husband (thanks Davis!) and a few flubs from getting tongue tied, but it's not too shabby!  And, it's under 10 minutes - woo hoo! :)  Enjoy!





Font List - These are sets that were either on my computer, free for personal use, or I purchased.  You can use any fonts you would like.  Also note, that some of the fonts were stretched or resized to get the shapes I wanted for my card.  That's one of the many reasons I love my Silhouette Cameo.

ONE - Edmondsans Bold
of a - Reklame Script Regular
kind - TW Cen MT Condensed Extra Bold
DAD - Nexa Slab Black




What I love about this card: It is bold and fun and it is easily modified with any sentiment you want, lady or gent.  You could also use several different sets of letter stickers to create a similar look.  The possibilities are endless!  I gotta remember to do this one again!  Makes me happy :)


Supplies

Paper: Crumb Cake Cardstock (Stampin' Up!), Off Beat and Urban Paperie (Basic Grey)
Additional items: Font die cuts (Silhouette), Scor-Pal, Tombow tape runner and Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive, Fiskars cutter


Ok, so what are you waiting for?  Time to get creative!!!
See ya next time,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment