I started looking through my PTI stash and remembered that I had never tried making a pattern with the grid lines - can you believe it? I really am a hoarder. So I found a variety of stamps and used them to create the pattern paper. The color choice was definitely from the ribbon.
Then I was getting worried that the pattern and the ribbon were too over powering, so I decided to add the trees and sentiment, and then crumple the tissue paper and glue it down using the "raw silk" technique. It softens the picture and I think makes it look like you are looking through a frosted window pane.
I used the same green ink from the pattern to water color the trees. I just pressed the chalk ink to my craft sheet and used a paint brush to color them. The banner was added when I made a mistake with my handwriting. Yes, I'm owning up to it - I want y'all to know that you should try to come up with a clever way to hide a mistake when you can ;o)
Have a great week and Happy New Year!!