Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

A Cut Above - day 7

I just love learning something that is so great, and so simple, and to top it off, it gives you something more you can do with all of those dies.  This technique uses the back of the side of a spellbinders die along with silicone mats to emboss the cardstock creating an amazing looking frame.  It is a little tricky figuring out how much or how little thickness of shims you need to get the embossed image and not break your machine.  Tread carefully - but ohhh, what a reward!




I thought my coffee travel cup from Frothy Concoctions fit perfectly here and used paper piecing and white embossing to come up with a cute card for a friend.  This card came together in a flash, even for me (I tend to take way to long to make my creations). 

This was the end of our traditional die cutting techniques, and next we will be using the Silhouette machine.  I can't wait to get this out and play.  It's been tucked away for too long.

See you soon!
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Love your card Julie. Love the use of the die for the frame and the great paper piecing for the focal point...Very cool.

    ReplyDelete