Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Cut Above - day 3

Hi everyone!

I'm really glad I decided to take this A Cut Above class.  I haven't used my cuttle bug that much over time, and these assignments are really getting me to try some new things. The Day 3 lesson was about creating shaped cards.  I had several large dies that I thought about using, but opted for my large scalloped square die from Stampin' Up!.  Can you believe this was only the 2nd time I had used it?  I really need to use my tools more.




I used a Spellbinders square die to cut the hole in the center, making a frame for my scene.  This card uses the Frida por Vida stamp set from Paper Wings Productions, designed by Handmade by Lissie Girl. The curtains are paper pieced from a Basic Grey red distressed paper (the frame is from BG "Out of Print").  I needed a background to stamp Frida, but white or ivory seemed to stark, so I looked in my stash and found this book paper that I had painted with some gesso.  I stamped her using Archival ink and colored her in using my new Distress Markers.  Isn't she cute??





I took the Tim Holtz Online Card Class too, but didn't have the distress markers when we were practicing marker techniques.  I couldn't wait to get them.  I really love how they look on top of gesso.  They have a beautiful translucent quality, and the blend very nicely.  I will definitely use them on gesso again, and I can't wait to try them on watercolor paper too.


Inspired yet?  As my husband says - go make something pretty!
Keep checking back for more A Cut Above / Paper Wings samples!

Julie


1 comment:

  1. All of your A Cut Above cards are lovely and this card is especially beautiful.

    ReplyDelete