Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Oh Baby!

Hi there!

Just wanted to share a baby card I made recently for a friend at work.  We had the shower today, and she is having a girl and she got some really great things.  I wanted to make her a fun baby card and new the colors would be pink and green. 

I did have some help on this card - lots of various inspriation bits came together to create what you see below.  I'm not always the best at mixing patterns, and worried a little that this card might have a bit too much going on, but I threw caution to the wind and "went for it".


So - where did I get my inspiration?  A few places really. 

1.  Paper Wings Productions Flight Plan Mission 002 - check out the post here for more info on how you can join in on the fun!  I turned my card as a portrait, and I swapped the image and sentiment.



2.  Paper Wings stamps - of course!  I looked through my stamps and thought of several different options for making a baby card, and I chose to use the Details Framer, Whimsical Alphabet, and Birds of a Feather.  These are great sets to use together.

3. Basic Grey Paper - the background paper was a must.  I've been hoarding my Basic Grey favorites for toooooooo long, and it is about time I use them and enjoy them!  I love this paper for it's whimy and it's colors.  So pretty! {Urban Prairie "Bountiful"}

4. Splitcoast Gallery - I was strolling through looking for inspiration and I saw this really great card from Deb Fearns (go check out her blog), who graciously allowed me to share it with you here.  I liked the little banner flags with the hearts beneath them and thought that would work perfectly with the Flight Plan Mission - unfortunately, the heart punch I have didn't provide a small enough heart, so I added my hearts on top of each banner strip.  I really like this card very much - I plan to make another version of it as soon as I can, including the silver bling and banners and hearts.  So clean and so cute!  Thanks again Deb!



Hope you liked the post today, and maybe found a little inspiration too.  Now that school is almost over, I am really looking at spending much more of my time crafting! And looking forward to a little crafting this weekend when my parents come in for a visit!  Yea!

Happy Stamping!



2 comments:

  1. I loved the card. This one is a keepsake. I may have to use your card for a sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it Kim! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see her :)

    ReplyDelete