It's time to share another Paper Wings Flight Plan Sketch. Today, I'm showing samples for Mission 004.
I have two very different samples today. The first one is a mixed media piece from my art journal. It has so much going on, and I love the yellow and pink with the hint of aqua. I think I use these three colors often, but they look happy on here.
1. Background - glue dictionary paper, light coat of white paint or gesso and dry. Spritz aqua sprays. Add pink sprays with stencil.
2. Use Phonograph stamp from Lyrics set UPSIDE-DOWN to stamp triangle / zig zag border.
3. Add patterened paper strip vertically. Stamp dot pattern on pink paper in a stripe and cut around "circles"
4. Stamp and emboss sun (from Earth and Sky)with glittery embossing powder (bottom left)
5. Stamp circle and dot texture stamps to yellow paper. Round corners and adhere to page.
6. Cut cloud shapes from dictionary paper. Adhere clouds to page and add light blue stickles to bottom of clouds.
7. Cut and glue sunglasses from magazine to page.
8. Add thickers and use Solid Whimsical Alphabet stamps to emphasize parts of the title. Use a sharpie marker to finish sentiment and title.
Stamps: Earth and Sky, Backgrounds, Art Textures, Lyrics and Solid Whimsical Alphabet
Ink: Memento in tuxedo black by Tsukineko, Distress Inks by Tim Holtz/Ranger, Sprays by Tattered Angels (Electric Blue and Trunk Bay). Pink is mixed.Paper: Basic Grey
Cardstock: Stampin' Up!
Tools: Sharpie, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Stencil, charcoal pencil, glue stick and Mod Podge
Embellishments: Thickers, Stickles, sunglasses by Betsy Johnson from Oprah Magazine, Egyptian Gold EP by JudiKins
Next I have a birthday card for Carrie - our fearless leader - tomorrow is her birthday. I hope it is a great one!
I love that this is one of those cards that could be great for just about any sentiment and any color scheme! These colors are some of Carrie's favorites, and I thought they would work well together. The main flower, white flower and orange flower all came from the Flower Power set. I love it when a stamp set provides me with multiple elements to complete a card!
1. Adhere strip of paper to bottom of 4.25 x 5.5 inch card.
2. Stamp and cut out Lace Border stamp from yellow paper.
3. Stamp and emboss small flower stamp on textured gold paper. Adhere behind straight edge of border and then adhere both to card base.
4. Cover small tag in dictionary paper, ink paper and edges and stamp flower in orange. Cut small circle for hole and add ribbon.
5. Use markers to color large flower directly on rubber. Spritz with water and stamp. Cut around flower and adhere to tag and flower with foam dots to card base.
6. Stamp sentiment in brown ink. NOTE: I cut my sentiments apart when I want them to fit "just right". This sentiment is from a longer stamp.
7. Add 3 brown pearls.
Supplies for happy birthday / Mission 004
Stamps: Lace Border, Flower Power, Sayings and Sentiments
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink - Tangerine and Chestnut Roan, Distress Ink - Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint, Stampin' Up! Craft Ink - Whisper White, Distress Markers (Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Tea Dye, Walnut Stain, Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint)
Pattern Paper: Basic Grey (yellow and green), dictionary paper, textured gold paper from stash
Cardstock: Neenah Papers in solar white
Tools: We R Memory Keepers - Cropadile (hole punch),
Embellishments: pearls and ribbon - stash, SU! Whisper White Embossing Powder
We'd love to see you join in on the Flight Plan sketches. Submissions are due this month on July 31st and participants are eligible to win a free stamp set from Paper Wings Productions.
For more details about the Flight Plan - check this post.
Thanks for dropping by and I hope you come back soon!