Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Could you use a little coffee???

So after a VERY long day, I finally complete a card, and I could really use a cup of coffee. But, I don't have any coffee here, except for my new stamps. :) 


I had so much fun making this card.  I got such a kick out of stamping my first stamp and coloring it in.  I also got to dig in my Basic Grey 6x6 paper stash and found this one in the Out of Print set.  I wanted to use my Prisma colored pencils on kraft cardstock, and I really like the way it came out.  I added some Signo gel pen to highlight the cream and the steam.  I can't wait to make more!!!

I also have another project to share.  I was using another set coming out very soon from Paper Wings Productions and I had to put my thinking cap on.  I used these Muertos to create a dimensional wall art that could also be used on a shrine for Dia de los Muertos.



I had an old wooden tic-tac-toe board that I painted black and added the stamped images to the playing pieces.  The paper I used has a coating that looks like a satin sheen.  The Marvy markers worked really well on this paper and I think it looks more vibrant that way. I made the marigold from the Stampin' Up! scallop circle punch and SU! paper.  I put several layers together with a mini brad and I snipped between the scallops to create a better petal, and then fluffed up each layer, And, last but not least, hit it with a spritz of Tattered Angels.  I added a few gemstones to finish the project and think it turned out pretty good.

Well, I hope you enjoyed these sneak peeks.  I hope you will come back for more later this week, and be sure to go back to the Paper Wings Productions facebook page to enter for the giveaway and check out their website that goes live March 1st!!! Entries on the facebook page must be posted before 10pm CST to qualify. Good Luck!

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!!!

Julie

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your cards, Julie! Good luck to your new stamp company! The muertos and coffee stamps will surely be very popular with your colorful samples to show them off!

    ReplyDelete