This first picture is the first attempt at the process. The background started with spray ink and stencils, and then I used a dotted circle and molding paste to add some texture. I later used a brayer and other texture tools to add paint to the background. The top layer includes stamps and rub ons. I was pretty proud of the painting and shading on the girl too.
I worked on this canvas at my Mom's house while showing her a few techniques. I did a messy bun on her (sort of like my sister's hair- hey Mandy :) ). My friend Liz was there and she suggested to make the arms in go in front of the dress instead of behind. I like how this one turned out too. [Swirl rolling stamp on left, and some rub ons from Stampin' Up! and Basic Grey]
I decided to try something different this time and instead of a person, I added a butterfly and used rub-ons for the tail. I added a quote from Nathanial Hawthorne in place of the cut out text. I was unsure of this canvas background when I began, but think it turned out pretty well. [Basic Grey paper, rub-ons from Stampin' Up!]
Thanks for looking!Julie