Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Live Laugh Love part 2 - Winnie & Walter

I can't believe it is September already, and nearly half-way through.  I have been so busy with the new school year that I haven't had much time to "get crafty".  So, I'm in my craft room, and I have another print out of the Live Laugh Love freebie by Winnie & Walter, and it's just begging to be used!  I was so inspired by the card designs that Shay created using this set, so I thought I would make a few cards too.  My mood kinda dictates what style of cards I feel like making and this time, I went with CAS - Clean and Simple.  These are SO clean and simple, that there is very little added to the card.  Lots of white space, great pops of color, no stamping at all (can you believe?) and they are super quick to make!


Card 1 - Hello

I used to make tag projects often, so there is a stash on my desk all the time.  I thought it would be fun to add a few elements from the printable to a small tag as the focal image.  I punched the "hello" circle from the journal card with colored rays, and used a pop dot to lift it up off the tag.  I also cut a strip from the dot pattern journal card and added it to the bottom of the tag to give it interest.  The blue ribbon is from my stash, and I wanted it to hold its shape and stand up. 


The gray panel was put through the Cuttlebug with a Swiss dot folder and I added a small strip of coral red cardstock to tie it in to the color palette and add an additional pop of color. The top of the colored dot strip of the tag is lined up with the bottom edge of the gray panel.  I liked this design idea and thought it added more interest.  This one was very different for me!


Card 2 - Butterfly Thanks


This card is actually navy (see below) but I really like the strong contrast between the card base and the bright colors on top.  You really can't get more simply than this.  I knew I wanted to use the THANKS strip from the printable.  I headed to my scrap stash and found some October Afternoon floral paper that was so similar to the yellow used on the T.  To contrast it, I used the same coral red cardstock from above and punched a small butterfly to layer over the floral.


The THANKS is popped off the card with foam tape. The butterflies are glued together, gently folded to give their wings some shape and only glued in the center where they attach to the card.  After giving it some good pressure, I gently lifted the wings to make sure they were lifting off of the card. Subtle dimension - Clean and Simple!


Card 3 - Laugh

I don't know about you, but I think laughter is the best medicine.  This is a perfect card to lift someone's spirits.  I know it put me in a pretty good mood just making it.  The laughter on the background came from a set of rub-ons that I had been hoarding for a long time. I wish I knew where they came from - so cute! The ha's were already in this shape and overlapping.  It makes me feel like I'm laughing hysterically - that kind of laughter that is uncontrollable and actually makes you cry!  I LIVE for laughing like that!



The circles are all from the printable.  The large circle is a 2 inch punch from the same journal card used on card number 1 above. Multiple uses from one 3x4 card - not bad.  The laugh and heart are also punched from the page and popped up in layers with foam adhesive.  This is another one that was super quick - and super fun.

Are you wondering about the printable I keep mentioning?  Shay and I released this fun and FREE two-page printable from Winnie & Walter, a few weeks ago.  If you didn't get your copy before, I've added the link below and hope you will download, print it, and make something wonderful!


Like us on Facebook to get your copy of the Live Laugh Love Freebie!


We would love to see how you use these elements in your personal projects, so feel free to comment and add a link! 

Happy Creating!

Julie

Supplies:
live laugh love printable, Winnie & Walter
Cardstock: solar white, Neenah White;  coral red, gray and navy, stash
Patterned paper: Hometown Journaling Cards, October Afternoon
Dies: Butterfly, Stapmin' Up!
Other: Swiss-dot embossing folder and Cuttlebug, Provo Craft; dimensional adhesive, 3/4" and 1" punch, Stampin' Up!; butterfly punch, Martha Stewart; laughter rub-on and manila tag, stash;

1 comment:

  1. Aaamaaazing cards, Julie! lol I think you did a spectacular job on CAS.

    ReplyDelete