Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Cut Above - day 4

It's Day 4 for A Cut Above and the lesson was about partial die cutting.  I really loved the samples they provided, but had some trouble coming up with what I wanted to create using the dies I had. I came up with an idea to use my circle dies on the end of rectangles to give them a different look.  This is a similar effect to maybe a rectangle with a rounded corner, but a little different. I decided on the size of the circles, measured their diameters, and used that measurement to cut the widths of the patterned papers.



I used two different stamp sets from Paper Wings - the telephone and hello sentiment are from Vintage Technology - another set designed by Lissie Girl, and the zig zag border stamp from the Day Framer set designed by Post Script Press aka Shay!  I love the way it looks here behind the phone, almost symbolizing the phone ringing. :)


I stamped it directly on the patterned paper, and stamped it again on another paper so I didn't have to cut out the cord. I colored the phone using distress markers and outlined it with a copic marker for a shadow. I used the white distress marker for the highlights and the numbers on the dial.  In hindsight I think I would have also added some glossy accents to this phone.  Think I still will before sending it.  I used a pen to write the numbers again because they were just a little too faded from the opaque marker.  This marker goes on fairly light, but gets more white as it dries.  Nice effect.

I think I'll try this die cut technique again - it was easy, and I like this new look.

Happy creating!

Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment